Greetings from the Field Elementary PTO & Principal Hendrickson!
We would like to welcome your family to our Lion community and give you some tips on how to make your transition to our elementary school easy!
The PTO and school have several ways to get information out to our families. One of the first things on the list is to join our PTO Facebook group. Secondly, the PTO has an Instagram page, @fieldespto, and we would love for you to follow us there as well. Lastly, the PTO maintains a website that has information about school and PTO events, volunteer opportunities, fundraisers and sponsorship opportunities, and other pertinent information. Stay tuned, as we will continue to update our resources and events sections as we gain visibility to the various changes to the new school year!
Here is a list of upcoming PTO events over the summer, as well as school supplies to-do’s.
- Order your school supplies through our partner School Toolbox to save yourself a trip to the store. Even better- a portion of the purchase goes to the Field Elementary PTO!
- We have a summer play date scheduled before school opens. This is a great opportunity for incoming families to meet and mingle before we kick off the school year.
- Our virtual Meet the Teacher is on Friday, August 20th from 1-3pm . Zoom links will be posted on Field’s school website. This is when you will learn which classroom your student is in.
- First General PTO Meeting on Wednesday, September 8th in Field’s library from 5:30-6:30pm. Come learn about initiatives, school updates, ways to volunteer, and upcoming events. Kids welcome!
- Shop our Lion spirit apparel and gear at all of our events. Our Field Elementary t-shirts are dress code approved and can be worn in place of uniform! Also, we are happy to drop off any online order to your student’s home room for them to bring home.
Updates from the School Admin:
- The student uniform policy will return this year! Please review dress code details prior to the first day of school.
- PK-2nd graders drop off/ pick up line will be 17th street entrance (front of school). 3rd-5th graders drop off/ pick up line will be Spark Park entrance on 18th street.
- School gates open at 7:15 am and the first bell is at 7:30am. Dismissal is 3:00pm.
- School will release a plan soon on how PK and Kinder students will get school supplies into their classroom since only staff are allowed into school and students will need help carrying supplies.
- All staff and students are required to wear masks during the school day. (We got you covered in our Spirit Wear store)
- After school care is provided at the school for $75 per student a month. More information will be sent home in students packets on the first day of school. After-school care does not start until September 7th, so please plan accordingly. Grades served are Kinder-5th and hours are 3:00-5:30pm.
- Other after school program vendors that have done Field pick-ups in the past and you may consider contacting for more information include:
- Field PTO invites outside vendors to offer fee-based programming during after-school hours. Current confirmed vendors are Soccer Shots for Wednesday classes (4-7 yr olds). All students can sign up and spaces are not limited to the after school program. The Knight School (Chess) is pending approval from the district to come on campus.
- School communications happen through the Class Dojo app. You will receive a code and instructional handout in the packet sent home on the first day of school.
- We’re excited to announce that a music class will be added to the curriculum and classes will rotate through the program. Mr. Joseph Dixon from Young Audiences of Houston will teach students about music history, composition and theory, literacy and numeracy, arts and culture, and historical context. Students will get hands-on experience with percussion instruments!
Should you have questions that aren’t addressed on our website, please feel free to reach out to the PTO email below. Our PTO, teachers, and administration are all here to make your experience a great one. Again, welcome to the Field family!
Field Elementary Principal
President, Field Elementary PTO