February General PTO Meeting
February 9, 2022
Textile Recycling Pod – Jenny
- Located on E 18th Street outside the Spark Park entrance
- Field Garden Club with receive $0.10/pound
- This agreement is not associated with the school
Taste of Field
- March 8 is the deadline to sign up
- Please reach out to Erika Cesar (Erika.email@example.com) or Naomi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
February Upcoming event
- Tonight is Spirit Night at Dish Society. PTO receives 20% of sales
- Free dress Friday is Feb 11th. One more volunteer needed
- Mostrantos 2/23, PTO will receive 10% of sales
- Field workday 9-12 on Saturday, Feb 26. Sign up list will be sent out shortly
- Spirit Night Friday, March 4th at Eureka Brewing, 10% of sales go to PTO
- Field PTO Fundraiser planning meeting, February 12 from 2-4pm
- Coming Fall 2022 to raise funds for school. Intent is to have a big fundraiser.
- PTO plans to be proactive in planning ahead as we are getting closer to the minimum Title 1 percentage of socio-economic families
- Let the PTO know what your superpower/ talent is and how you can help
- Scheduled for April 29th in Soccer field in early afternoon
- Classes will be broken up into 2 groups Pre-K to 2nd, 3rd-5th
- School based fundraiser by kids paying admission to attend
Art Exhibit – Patty
- WIVLA 2D art Exhibit , theme is “Hope”
- Installation approved for Feb 25th from 3:30-5:30pm in lobby of school
- Fun way for kids to interact with art
- Scheduled for Saturday, Feb 26th 8-12
- Focusing on beautifying front of school
- Finish with flowerbed staining, pressure washing of courtyard, repairing Blue Truck.
- Look out for sign up sheet via Sign-up Genius email
- Currently voting on changes located on Field PTO website
- PTO seeking to clarify Election Clause
- Please review the proposed changes on the Field PTO Website and submit your vote through the meeting chat
- Two-thirds of attendee votes received and process for amending by-laws will be submitted to the State
Wellness Bar and Bagel Bar
- In the works – Big thanks to Kinder Super Parent Jessica Guillar for organizing
- Still need room parents for 3rd grade.
- Please let Emily know if you can be a communication liaison
Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week
- May 2-6. Theme for the week is Bar-none, We have the best teachers aroung
- Will be providing different types of food and treat bars every day (Coffee/Teas, lunch, flower, Sweets and gift card raffle on Friday
- All staff and teachers will be included in all activities
- Committee members have been working on getting in-kind and monetary donations
- Flier with 3 ways to donate – Zelle, Square in PTO website and checks via PTO P.O Box
- Email Emily if you have additional ideas for TSAW
- Spring Auction (more details to come)
- Patty is looking for someone to help co-chair the Arts Committee.
- Mr. Hendrickson really appreciates PTO’s efforts.
- Mr. Z and Tate will be organizing a Kindergarten Round up 2nd-3rd week of February.
- After-school program
- can be extended to begin first day of school and end last day. This may require need to start enrolling kids about 2 weeks before school starts next year.
- In order to expand program, outside vendor may need to be found but something affordable to avoid two-tier program and keep price reasonable for all.
- PTO is at a good place to start planning for next year.
- Currently after-school is understaffed and there is not enough interest from teachers to assist with staffing.
Open Forum: After-school Program
- Continued options are to bring in different vendors.
- Hai – is there funding from school to replace Ms. Macklin? If issue is really about staffing.
- Hendrickson – Problem is finding additional staff to participate. We do not currently have CASE Grant this year. Macklin did provide administration of after-school program with assistance from school to complete application process.
- Will be preparing survey for after-school parents to gauge interest in enrichment program.
- If parent want to volunteer, must be VIPS certified
- Mr. Z – Can provide additional numbers/data to PTO. Currently he has 46 active kids going Boy & Girls club; 23 of which are extreme economic circumstances.
- Parent question – Can the school set up a job description to hire part-time person?
- Emily – other local schools have utilized a retired volunteer to teach a skill to increase staff shortage
Election Board Member role description will be posted at the beginning of March. Consider becoming an executive member