- Location: Field Elementary Spark Park
- Date: April 10, 2021 @ 9:00am
- General Updates
- Recap of PTO’s current project: raising money to revamp the muddy area by the blue truck (E 17th and Studewood) – the aim is to turf the area and (possibly) add mounds, thereby creating an improved outdoor area for recess, outdoor classes, lunch, etc.
- Field still needs to build a fundraising base, get support from people/organizations beyond the school community.
- Readathon: end of year fundraiser (Fun Run logistics are too complicated right now), requires minimal effort by school, families. Matt and Emily Weems are leads; the goal is to raise $15,000 for the above project.
- There is a donor willing to match the first $2000 of donations
- Readathon donations are not based on minutes spent reading; rather, it’s a donation to the cause (there may be prizes, but TBD).
- Each family will have a personal link to their child(ren)’s fundraising page
- ACTION – What can we share to different SM so that people can donate directly and not to a specific family/child’s page?
- 2021-22 School Year Elections/Succession
- Recap of board roles, committees for the upcoming school year
- PTO exec board needs at minimum a President, a Secretary, and a Treasurer to satisfy requirements
- Each role has flexibility; you can choose the aspects of the role you want to fulfill.
- 2021-22 school year events will be based on the number of volunteers and the support available.
- Q&A (general discussion by PTO board and meeting attendees)
- Outdoor time has increased as a result of the pandemic and is likely to continue in the future.
- Discussion of the after-school program, currently on pause, and future prospects.
- PTO’s role at school: we focus on the arts ancillaries, teacher requests, improving outdoor and indoor space to benefit all students/community members.
- The general lack of events this year was in part due to the pandemic, but we also suffered from a lack of volunteer engagement; you have to help out if you want fun things to do!
- Restaurant Spirit Nights as fundraisers (see above re: volunteer engagement)
- May 22, 2021 @ 9:00 am Field Elementary Pavilion