- Location: Zoom Virtual Meeting
- Date: March 10, 2021 @ 5:30pm
- Treasurer’s Report – Gloria
- Expenses last month were PTO admin fees and cookie supplies
- Profits came in from Amazon Smile, cookie decorating kit preorders, and a parent donation
- Work Day Recap – Ingrid
- Low turnout so had to adjust plans; work included sanding the soccer field, trimming the bushes, pulling the dead plants out of the raised beds, clearing leaves, and clearing off the track.
- Dads & Donuts idea – make maintenance a more regular thing due to the scope of work/area to maintain (or raise the number of participants). We also need to utilize social media/networks to spread the word about this sort of thing and get the community involved.
- Fundraising Update – Courtney
- Altogether we sold about 82 boxes; profits were higher than expected
- Next time we should really push on SM/networks to maximize exposure and have a better idea of supply needs, also set more limited parameters eg. delivery zone
- Possibility of another fundraiser before the end of the year; will discuss after Spring Break (see “Miscellaneous” below for details)
- Succession Planning- PTO 2021/2022 – Ingrid
- Brief summary of each executive board role and general board role (will be available on PTO website); candidates for each role go up in April and we vote in May for the upcoming school year.
- The 501(c)3 requires we have certain roles however we can flex the duties of the roles to work to peoples’ strengths/availability.
- We need people to step up and be engaged in order for the PTO and the school to achieve our goals!
- Miscellaneous Items- Ms Ortiz/Various PTO Members
- There are 2 more 6-week cycles before the end of the year; the next cycle starts after spring break. Each cycle brings more students back for face-to-face learning.
- Teachers are now eligible for COVID vaccines and received an email sign up last week
- The HISD 2021-22 calendar (draft) is out now; the district has yet to decide whether everyone will be back face-to-face or if there will be virtual classes as well.
- Spring Break is March 15-19; after the vacation the PTO will regroup and discuss fundraising and our goals/aims for the spring and the future. It’s possible that this meeting will take place face-to-face (outdoors, socially distanced) for ease of discussion and to form breakout groups/committees.
- April 14, 2021 @ 5:30 pm via Zoom
- Face to Face Meeting – TBD