- Location: Zoom Virtual Meeting
- Date: February 10, 2021 @ 5:30pm
- General Updates – Naomi
- Mr. Dennis (HITS) is back on campus teaching drama to 3-5th grade; he is using the cafeteria due to social distancing requirements and put in a request for a body mic/voice amplification device. PTO officers decided to discuss this with administration as there is a need for some kind of sound system to replace the one Mrs. Davis had.
- Valentine’s Day cookie kit deadline to order is Thursday 2/11. Thanks to a big social media push and community efforts we have sold over 50 kits! Porch pick-up and delivery is being spearheaded by Courtney.
- Treasurer’s Report – Gloria
- Expenses for the last month were cookie kit supplies and PTO admin fees. The Young Audiences check cleared, and we received the check from School Toolbox. (Full report available on the Google Drive)
- Pre-K/Kinder Round Up – Alison
- The 2021 round up was held Thursday, February 4, via Zoom; approximately 44 attendees including the current kindergarten teachers and administration.
- Enrollment forms and information are up on the school website. Prospective and incoming families are encouraged to call the school or email Mrs. Reyes with any questions or concerns.
- Teacher Requests – Sheryl
- Ms Treviño would like 2 sets of yoga mats (approximately 50) to implement yoga and stretching into the face-to-face PE program – indoor PE is currently held in the cafeteria. Discussion regarding sanitization, storage, cost, whether the community can help with this. Further discussion about streaming, school wifi, and connectivity issues carried over from last meeting (Oscar, Sheryl, others will meet virtually with Treviño to troubleshoot).
- Ms Polanco needs iPad stands as she’s currently borrowing book holders from the library. There maybe inexpensive options that we can look into as an option.
- Spring Work Day – Naomi
- Spring Work Day will be Saturday, March 6 with the aim of cleaning and re-sanding the soccer field, general outdoor cleanup and maintenance.
- Emily will create a Sign Up Genius; the number of volunteers will determine what/how much gets done.
- Miscellaneous Items
- Suggestion of a book-a-thon (sponsored reading) as a fundraiser – great idea, right now it’s very challenging to get communication out across the school (no flyers); possible future fundraiser
- Suggestion to ask Tate/Ortiz to add PTO general meetings to the school calendar/website in order to attract incoming families – set aside time during each meeting to talk about Field, address any questions/concerns.
- Action item – Create larger signs for the soccer field encouraging people to donate via QR code in order to help offset upkeep and maintenance costs as the school/city will not maintain.
- March 11, 2021 @ 5:30 pm via Zoom