- Location: Field Elementary School Library
- Date: Nov 13, 2019 @ 5:30pm
- The Soccer Box Presentation- Ryan Shumburg
- Ryan from Soccer Box gave overview and introduction to The Soccer Box, an indoor soccer training facility on N Shepherd, opening in Winter 2020. Serving 2-16 years old. Ryan volunteered his staff for Community Wide Work Day in January 2020.
- President Update- Naomi Dvoretsky
- Treasurer and Secretary absent, all other PTO Officers and Board members present.
- Naomi reviewed upcoming sponsorships needs –
- Santa Suit rental for Winter Photos 12/6
- Dark lights/glow materials for Family Binglow 1/31/20
- Food/Coat Drive through 11/15. Listing of coat sizes and signup on Signup Genius
- Grant & Playscape Update – Linda Peche
- Linda announced Community Wide Work Day for soccer field maintenance and spark park in 1/2020. She answered questions for latest playscape project, a covered seating/learning area that will use last of playscape funds for this year. She has applied for small garden grants and waiting on decision.
- Welcoming Schools Introduction – Rachel Dvoretsky
- Rachel introduces concerns for inclusivity and anti-bullying initiatives and shares information on Welcoming School Program from Human Rights Campaign. Members share thoughts on having a broad program (race, ethnicity, sexual orientation) and programs from their work settings (Allied Program- Gloria Paz).
- Fundraising Update – Hallie Ager
- Hallie introduces Christmas Tree Fundraiser (sample tree on display) and elicits feedback from group on price points and businesses to target. Suggestions offered on having multiple tiers, selling tree for highest price point ($500). Call for volunteers to go to businesses with flyer and letter.
- Martha Wade volunteers to assume role as Sponsorship Coordinator/”Captain”
- Open call for suggestions for Gala venues. Members agreed $50 good ticket price. Members encouraged to volunteer for Auction Team or Gala Team
- Other Announcements
- Oscar gives reminder for Spirit Night at Raising Canes on 11/21 and offers he will be going to Houston Heights Chambers of Business and would like to take Christmas Tree Fundraising material with him.
- Sheryl announced Book Fair 12/13-19 and interest voiced by members to have box of books to choose from available for students without money.
- Allison announced School Choice deadline 12/6
- Emily circulated sign ups for Welcoming School/Inclusivity Committee, Family Binglow Planning Team, and Spring Gala
- Committee Time
- Volunteers needed to help with Welcoming School/Inclusivity Committee, Family Binglow Planning Team, and Spring Gala
- Sponsorships Needs
- Sponsors needed for Winter Photo Santa Suit, Binglow Supplies, Food/Coat Drive, Christmas Tree Fundraiser
- December 11, 2019 @ 5:30 pm Field Elementary School Library